When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three-sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
As a Business Development Manager you will report directly to the Head of Retail and partner with our On Demand Groceries Account Manager. You will be located in Antwerp.
Your tasks will be the following:
- Prospect grocery shop and all food shops (butchers, bakers, chocolate shops, delicatessens, organic shops) everywhere in Flanders using all the channels/means of communication at your disposal (telephone, email, social networks, face-to-face if the health situation allows it...).
- Bring answers to the feedback from partners, design the most appropriate offer according to their needs, while demonstrating a perfect knowledge of the Deliveroo business and technology
- Provide complete and transversal solutions to our future partners with the support of the different teams if necessary (Account Management, Marketing, operations...), while preserving Deliveroo's interests as best as possible during negotiations
- With the help of the ODG team, participate in the PMF (product market fit) to analyse the ODG demand and supply in each area to establish the local acquisition strategy
- Develop the portfolio of local grocery partners by presenting the advantages of our marketplace
- Manage the complete integration process of a shop joining our platform, from the registration phase to the operational launch, to ensure the best transmission/management of new partners for the relay teams
- Perform daily reporting of your commercial actions and keep your CRM up to date for better follow-up with your Manager
Your experience and qualities :
- You are based in Flanders
- You already have min 4 years experience the commercial field or experience in a similar position (telephone sales / negotiation)
- A first experience in CRM (use, configuration) will be an advantage
- You have experience monitoring accurate KPIs, working in a team and you value the quality of the metrics set up with partners
- You can handle several projects at the same time
- You can work in a team and seek advice
- Autonomous, you like responsibility and you know how to find solutions
- You are passionate about making a impact within the Deliveroo sales strategy
- Your are Dutch Native speaker and English is required (regular meetings)
- You have a car license
Benefits and Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is love (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startup's around
Benefits include Health Insurance, Meal Vouchers, company car, Free Delivery Fee on Deliveroo orders and many more!